Ok, this one’s an original! So, you’re heading back to school? Summers over, its time to grind / train / re-assess some goals you made a while back. Maybe your schedule just got loaded up with some more shifts or some classes, or maybe you’ve gotten super into caffeine and want to chill out on that with an alternative. Welllll I’ve crafted a KrispY treat and I would like to share with you my findings!!
It did take some Research and Development, it was sooo rough ; )
4 cups puffed amaranth
1 & 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons MCT oil
2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (optional of you like more firm + added protein)
3/4 cup maple syrup - the real deal! Can sub for local honey if ya diggg
1-2 tablespoons cacao powder
2 - 3 tablespoons White Jong Kong Kratom leaf powder (depends on how potent ((and bitter)) you desire)
1 tablespoon Kola nut powder (can substitute for Astragalus powder, or Maca root powder - feel into it!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of sea salt & cinnamon
This is flexible, add Mucuna if you please instead of Kola Nut, sub collagen powder for hemp protein, sub peanut butter or cashew butter for almond.. sub organic Rice Krispies for amaranth.. bee creative, use what you have - these are helpful ratios and ideas for you and your capable hands.
1. Combine everything but the amaranth in a sauce pan on low heat and stir together with love and affection. You can add some chia and flax if you want to put some Omegas in the mix. Groovy.
2. Once everything is married together and creamy smooth, pour it over the krispies in a big mixing bowl and stir stir stir, integrating the medicinal warm mix with the puffz.
3. When things are looking even and every lil puff nugget amaranth is covered in brown gooey goodness, MASH the mixture into a glass baking dish (9x9 or something of that nature should do).
***IF you want to be complex & get fancy, add a bottom layer BEFORE mashing the krispie mix on top. For example; cacao nibs, banana chips, cranberries, goji berries… use what you have and make a bottom layer. It will stick and integrate.
4. Whether you took it up a notch or remained simply potent and pure; Mash the mix into a flat & tightly packed bar into the pan. I like to use the back of my hand, but you can use a wooden spoon or your palm to mash it in there. Get all the edges tight, you are making many pieces into one whole.
5. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, let cool. Then slice yourself a square, rectangle or trapezoid. Enjoy! I love this with a glass of cold hemp milk, jus sayin.
Best in morning or afternoon. Pre-workout for sure, radical. Pre-class, yes! Pre-bedtime, no! Pre love-making, yes!
Amaranth is a gluten-free, high-protein grain that is RICH in manganese, magnesium, selenium, iron, phosphorus, copper and anti-oxidants. Yes!
You can add the tonic adaptogen of your choice: another level of integrating ways to gracefully combat oxidative stress and support resilience.
Kratom is wonderful as a fatigue alleviater, mood lifter, pain-reducer and also a glorious anti-oxidant.
Fair-trade cacao, always.
Epic. Thanks for tuning in and enjoy these bars of love. For real, get creative.. Make em with Muira Pauma, Damiana, and Tribulus. Why not?! Yes, there will be a bitter taste, but they are herbal, and you can add more maple too if you want to make a stellar aphrodisiac.… Not all herbs are bitter, Kratom is though.. so yea, that’s a part of it. I dig it, in this recipe, you can taste it, but its gentle and feels nice to be able to taste and connect with the plant while nourishing your body and powering up for an intellectual class experience, or a Muay Thai class, or a dance party, or an Acro Thai yoga extravaganza, Sure. enjoy!!!! Stay hydrated.
One more thing!!
You can drizzle the top with cacao syrup and local bee pollen!!! If you dare…